Information Dump Post
Yes, there will be spoilers behind the cut!
All information was taken from Jenny at SDCC, just like last year. Everything came from her tumblr. All typos have been left intact. All images come from Owldee, one of the three Pabucast hosts.
ARTWORK FROM BOOK 2!
Six months after Book 1, going to show short animatic of where the characters are. In the thick of animation and design and production, still a very far way to go, but lots of great concepts:
- Opening of Book 2 in a festival in the sourthern water tribe, gentle snow falling, lanterns, circus games, A PAINTING OF A MUCH LARGER SOUTHERN WATER TRIBE!
- Southern Water Tribe has a beautiful banquet hall made of ice
- Great landscapes, storms, ominous rock formations
- “Mysterious location they’re journeying to in this storm, with cool spooky lighting”, harkens back to the glow Aang’s ice burg had
- Naga and Korra exploring the mysterious location
- Twisted roots coming out of ice walls
- Southern Air Temple all spruced up
- Vistas, base of the mountain around the temple, very gentle, “misty kind of Chinese mountains”
- Ancient air bender site
- SPIRIT WORLD!!!!
- Explore the spirits, background, creation of the Avatar
- Korra is very similar, longer sleeves, very athletic, Mandarin a-symmetrical top, looks a little meaner
- Mako get’s a coat! Still has the scarf
- Bolin has an AWESOME green parka
- Asami takes over her fathers company, more business attire
- STILL A BADASS THOUGH, Goggles, and updated racing leathers
- Tenzin gets ANOTHER claok
- BUMI BUMI BUMI HAS PINK EAR MUFFS, Kya will also appear, Bumi definitely has the same spirit as the old king. Bit of a pot belly since we last saw him
- KYA! No dreds, has a half moon necklace, bit of a hippy, FAVORITE SONG IS SECRET TUNNEL, has a special bond with Jinora
- The Avatar parents get an update, going to see more of Korra’s parents this season, Korra’s dad was thought of initially to be like a line backer physically
- Flashback to Tahnrok in his early 20’s, shirtless XD
- Tahnroks brother, “Unolok”??? will be appearing! Very posh, to bring up the relationship between the north and south tribes
- His children, twins, kind of creepy, slouched shoulders
- Verick???, Howard Hughes, little bit of a playboy guy, Captain of Industry, more humorous, great rapport with Bolin, VERY BRIGHT PURPLE CLOAK, Southern Water Tribe descent
- Spirits! shadowy creature? Can’t even describe!
So Mako has become a cop, and now Bolin is struggling to find his place in the world. TO BECOME A MAAAAN.
Andrea found the end to Noatok and Tarrlok absolutely shocking.
“It’s a kids show! :D” - Mike
Andrea only relays to the kids the things from the script that will lead them in their performance, makes it as easy on the actors as possible.
Fancied up storyboard:
- Probending! Fire Ferrets agains the —— Lions (missed it), Bolin giving pep talk…to TWO ENTIRELY NEW PLAYERS. Go down as the fastest knockout in probending history XD
- Mako is on a fancy bike, chasing…waterbenders past a Wendy’s XD Intense chase scene, and he takes down the truck! “Looks like you had some car trouble, good thing the police are here.”
- ASAMI FLYING A PLAN, Nearly bankrupt because of her father’s reputation, sounds confident, but sercretly worried
- Pema being heckled by her three eldest and Korra riding around on air scooters, Korra goes into the Avatar state to win the race, Tenzin overhears, and scolds her
- Naga barking, weird shadow spirit appears in the distance, attacks Korra, pins her down….fade out
- Korra goes Avatar state to fight the creature, into the festival
So there you have it, folks! My personal commentary will be within.
As a bonus:
The Aang Gang
The Korra Krew