Fandom Lounge's Journal - Day
Friday, October 14, 2005
10:06PM - Harry Potter related
To all sane fans of H/Hr: please, if you truly exist, if you're not only the remaining shreds of my hope in fandom, give me a sign.
I just want to hug you :'(
ETA: You do realise that I'm just being all dramaqueen-ish, right? Oo
Either way *e-hugs everybody*
10:28PM - Idea: Magic-school soap-opera book series
So, all the pairing wanks in the HP fandom has made me think that there could be a market for a magic-school soap-opera type series, in book form:
- An ensemble cast of characters, with more characters always being introduced, so that there's everyone is bound to find some character to like.
- Lots of different pairings, so if you like the bickering-couple pairing, the non-bickering-friends-become-couple pairing, the enemies-become-lovers pairing, whatever, there'll be something to satisfy you.
- It would concentrate on the romances, so there wouldn't be all the good-versus-evil, coming-of-age crap to get in the way of the pairing wars.
- However, the school would be built on top of a Hellmouth type thing, to supply a monster-of-the-week for when danger and action is needed.
- It would be a shared-universe type thing, so that lots of different authors could work on it, churning out novels faster. This would also allow the marketers to control the formula the authors would need to write to, to make it appeal to as broad an audience as possible.
|← Previous day||(Calendar)||Next day →|