I AM CATCHING UP.
It's time for Sam's Nine Things About Suits Which Should Be Twelve!
(WHITE COLLAR TOMORROW NIGHT)
Spoilers for 2.05
I don't really have three things for 2.05. I mean my reaction basically boils down to OH DONNA. Both sympathetic and sad. Because she really did do something that in a law firm is a fireable offense, and I get that, and it's still SO SAD.
Also I spent the rest of the episode very confused, so that's all I really have for this one.
1. Jesus Christ, Jessica, you did a seriously horrible thing to someone who did not deserve it, and you did it for your job, and that's just -- Jesus Christ Harvey you peed in Louis's office. I don't especially like Louis but I wouldn't pee in someone's office. (Though I did threaten to pee in R's bed once. But I wouldn't have done it.)
2. I like it when Harvey shows his trust in Mike. He trusts Mike a lot, but usually in ways that are invisible to Mike "Insecurity Issues" Ross, so it's nice when Harvey just out and out tells him. I'm glad it's not frequent, that would kill the tension, but it's fun when it happens.
3. "I don't have time to explain where babies come from." It's okay, dude, you're both guys, if you have a baby it's going to be either a miracle or involve more paperwork than sex. (Also, Harvey and Mike totally had victory sex in the file room after the game.)
3a. Sorry wait no I can't get past what Jessica did to the judge. I really like Jessica and I like that's she's always had power and been wise in how she used it, and this is just...craven. I can't decide which is worse; cruelty for no reason, or cruelty for one's own ends. I'm not sure how to think of her after this.
4. I do not understand this plot at all. I get that the firm is being sued and Donna did something wrong and there's a very angry widow in the background. And Travis Tanner at this point is pwning them hard. But I don't understand why.
5. Calling Harvey "hairdo" is pretty funny. Though the punching thing...okay, when I was a teenager I read Grisham's "The Rainmaker", and I was struck by the fact that the hero at one point commits an act of vandalism in the middle of a fit of rage, and the law firm he vandalized actually goes after him for knocking a marble bust off their hall table. It was an eye opener about the way things are treated in the adult world and in the legal world, and whenever I see someone shake off a punch in the face or anything like it, I can't help it -- it reads untrue to me.
6. Oh man, this mock trial is like the horrible holiday family fights everyone talks about, only everyone's under oath. It's the biggest one I have ever seen in one place at one time. And the most orderly! It's fascinating.
3a. I love that Litt Up is now a thing, even briefly. Love it.
7. Whoa, Harvey on a train, in preppywear. Harvey in an anonymous liquor store buying bottles! Harvey being sad. :(
8. A FLASHBACK EPISODE. Yay backstory! Also LOL, MYSPACE. I love it when flashbacks are historically accurate to eras I actually lived through. Oh, myspace was a dark time.
9. EDITH. FINALLY GRAMMY HAS A NAME.
3a. "You're weird. We'll be friends." Awwww Donna. Also, I know there are tons of people who hate the fact that we don't know what the can-opener thing is about, but I LOVE IT. I love the mystery. I love that now it involves thumbtacks and some kind of record. Nothing they could come up with would be half as wonderful as what I'm imagining.
Post a comment in response:
Legal Disclaimer - Site Map