I originally replied to this meme on Creative Muse, but I feel it can go well here too.
1. Do you write fiction or non-fiction? Or both?
Non-fiction, only in the sense of what I write for university. Personally, I write fiction.
2. Do you keep a journal or a writing notebook?
Yes, I do. You’re reading it now.
3. If you write fiction, do you know your characters’ goals, motivations, and conflicts before you start writing or is that something else you discover only after you start writing? Do you find books on plotting useful or harmful?
I tend to know the basics before I start, and add more layers onto the characters as the story progresses. As for plotting, it is most definitely useful, as I have discovered through writing Blood Bound.
4. Are you a procrastinator or does the itch to write keep at you until you sit down and work?
Procrastinator all the way, sadly. It’s the same with everything. The Internet is far too interesting to stay away.
5. Do you write in short bursts of creative energy, or can you sit down and write for hours at a time?
Short bursts. I have a short attention span. Sigh.
6. Are you a morning or afternoon writer?
Afternoon; I have found I get writing done in the hours between classes at uni.
7. Do you write with music/the noise of children/in a cafe or other public setting, or do you need complete silence to concentrate?
Music. I cannot handle “silence” (aka background noise).
8. Computer or longhand? (or typewriter?)
Computer, although I do etch some stuff out by hand, especially if I am away from a computer.
9. Do you know the ending before you type Chapter One? Or do you let the story evolve as you write?
I know the ending before I write, and the basic course of events. The ending is pretty fixed - how I get there is more fluid.
10. Does what’s selling in the market influence how and what you write?
Nope. I write what I want to write. It does make me a bit more hopeful that I might be successful with it, though, if what I am writing is (like Hansel) “hot right now”,
11. Editing/Revision - love it or hate it?
I haven’t done mass editing, so I don’t know yet.