[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 8 most recent journal entries recorded in
|Sunday, September 2nd, 2007|
|Tuesday, June 26th, 2007|
|Saturday, April 14th, 2007|
|Friday, December 29th, 2006|
|Friday, October 6th, 2006|
And another one...
- My Lord, I have obtained it!
- What? – asked the Dark Lord, not turning away from his work.
- The Sword of Light! The very same that can kill you.
- Oh, that one… Well, put it over there, on the shelf.
Hatchback dwarf shoved the bungle on the shelf and settle at the feet of his master.
- Day after tomorrow is the night of Great Solstice… - he dropped nonchalantly
- So what? - Indifferently shrugged Dark Lord.
- Sacrifice, My Lord – reminded dwarf – we need to find it yet.
- There is no need to find anything, - said Dark Lord, putting away another peeled potato.
- But the Ritual…
- There will be no ritual! - the Dark Lord frowned sternly. - You should have gotten used to it.
The dwarf sulked.
- My Lord, you live here in the here in the backwoods for year and a half! You keep geese and grow cabbage! When you could have rule this world by the right of power! Where are your Death Legions? Where are crowds of loyal servants? Palaces, dungeons, gallows – where is all that? Great conquests, terrible deeds – everything is lost. Look, Good and Light triumph everywhere, even little children are no longer afraid to be outside at night. How can you stand it, My Lord?
- I already explained you that – replied Dark Lord. Good always wins. Evil always loses. There is no point in starting a hopeless enterprise, waste recourses and strength, if there is no chance of winning. And I, let me tell you, love to win. And that is it!
- But how, My Lord? While you stagnate in obscurity, Light gathers power…
- Precisely! The Dark Lord lifted his finger – Gathers power. And what would it do with its power? How would it apply it?
He took another potato and started unhurriedly peel it.
- What would the Good do, when it will find out that it has nothing to fight against? I sit here, don’t bother anyone, do not get in the way… And the rest – just small fry, any Hero of the Light can manage with his hands tied. So, what we will have? They will run out of monsters, but they will still have teeth. Not one, but all thirty-two. What would they bite then?
The peeled potato plunked in the pot. Dark Lord took and onion and begun dicing it.
- In three-four months, the Good will start climbing the walls from boredom. Knights of the Light will return to their lands and start ruling them. Not everyone can do it well. There will be territorial disputes, and quarrels, and feud, and excessive taxes. Priests will remember their monasteries, and will start gather to disputes, argue till hoarse and till fist-fight, and so until they will separate into schools and sects, as it has happened many times before. I am not even talking about Wizards. Elves, humans and gnomes will recall racial prejudices, tear open old grudges and create many new ones. Warriors, used only to battle, will as one become bandits. Thieves… well, they were always people without shame or conscience. And the fight for the power? Just look what a brawl is going on around the throne! And all of this, notice, without my interference. Strictly due to peculiarities of human nature. Do you remember if I salted the soup already or not?
- Not while I was here.
The Dark Lord salted the brew, tasted and salted again.
- Ability to rule and ability to get to the top – are two very different talents. And they rarely combine in one person. Therefore, most likely sooner or later the power will be usurped by someone sneaky and grasping, someone who will keep others in submission with bribes, blackmail and direct threats. And who will be concerned first and foremost with his own well-being – otherwise he would never get this high. And then…
He fell silent and smiled dreamily at something, while still mixing the soup.
- What then? – asked the dwarf.
- Nothing. Then I will wait another three-four years, until a complete devastation settle in and the people would howl in misery. And then I will take the Sword of Light, saddle our black stallion, if he won’t die before that, and will go through the country, doing heroic deeds left and right. Till victorious end. Because – he permitted himself a short sardonic smile – Good always wins.
|Monday, April 3rd, 2006|
Another fairy tale by Bormor
Knight approached the cave and blew his horn. Dragon poked his head out of the cave:
- What’s up?
- It’s about ransom for the maiden
- Oh, did everything go through? What did elders decide?
- Here, - knight pulled a scroll from his saddlebag, unrolled it and began to read:
“Gold – three thousand coins; jewels: rubies - 10, emeralds - 12, large pearls – 70 count…”
- So, my proposal was approved or not?
- Completely, - nodded the knight and extended the scroll to the dragon. Dragon signed without looking and dragged a sack out of the cave.
- Here. It’s yours.
- And here is yours – knight pulled a hefty bundle off the saddle and plopped it in front of the dragon. Dragon undid the ties, looked inside and snorted appreciatively.
- Yep, everything is as agreed. Nice doing business with you.
- You too.
Knight and Dragon bowed each other courteously; knight heaved the sack on the horse and rode away. Dragon untied the bundle and helped the girl out.
- Thank you, - whispered the girl.
- Don’t mention it. Come, I will show you your room. Don’t shiver so; there is nothing to be afraid. I am no inquisition, that’s for sure.
|Thursday, March 2nd, 2006|
|Monday, February 27th, 2006|
This was kicking around my comp for a while. So I thought I'd post it for general enjoyment of multitudes who never comes to my LJ, anyway. Because there is nothing there.
So, to make it perfectly clear:
The stuff under the cut is NOT mine. I am only a translator. The translation, however, is MINE.
Umm. Yep. That's about it. Some repetitions are intentional. So, here it goes: Alexei Sviridov.
Standard introductory Kit for creation of ingenious creations in the style of “Fantasy” applicable on the territory of the former USSR in limited quantity.( Read more... ) Current Mood: Presumptious