TTT DVD in all its glory...
Have watched TTT and the extras disc twice already. *happy sighs*
Not much to say, except the gaydar did not go off AT ALL. What I saw was a group of very close friends and I must admit, with some shame, that I would now like to see more of Orlando rubbing/hugging/touching his co-stars. wOOt!
I'm sure a certain board will dissect everything on the second disc and make it all about the super sekret gay lurve. I really don't have the energy to rant right now, but I have to say that the most obvious scene (Dom kissing Lij's hand and the hug)? All I got from that was two friends who hadn't seen each other in awhile, perhaps. The affection and love was there, but that's it. And it's not because I *want* them to be straight (because I think they would make a cute couple). But you can't make something out of nothing, so to speak.
Not that there isn't something there. But if it's hot-gay-secret-sex, then these guys sending out the "brotherly" vibe is just sick and wrong, wrong, wrong!
And so help me, if anyone tries to diatribe about how straight men don't act the way Dom and Lij do or that the things they "say" or "do" during the interviews are so obviously gay, I will puke. Blegh.
For all of you who would like to squee with me regarding the DVD, like all good fangirls should, I copied the following from my livejournal. Because I can talk about LotR all day, every day. ^_~
*Spoilerific for those who have not seen either the movie or the extras contained therein*
1. the infamous hand kiss and hug between Dom and Elijah. Aw! Sweet!
2. "Mmmm...bosom." I <3 Dom!
3. Dom ripping the tape off Billy's chest. Ouch!
4. the whole bungy jumping/surfing/extreme sports segment.
5. Viggo's horse nuzzling him. *squee*
6. Sean scaring the bejeezus out of Dom and Elijah with a noisemaker. *snicker*
7. Various cast members dancing.
8. Orlando petting Viggo. Grrr. *jealousy*
9. Orlando rubbing Ian's tummy. Hee!
10.Miranda Otto defying any woman not to fall in love with Viggo in the movie. Indeed.
1. Theoden's soliliquy, "Where is the horse and the rider?" *chills*
2. Theoden's how-to-be-a-king-speech to Aragorn, "If this is to be their end, then I would have them make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance." Me and the Kid were growling, "YEAH!" when we first saw it in the theater.
3. "Don't you know your Sam?" Tears were running down my face when I saw that.
4. The wide pan shots of Edoras with Eowyn, her dress and hair blowing in the wind. So poetic.
5. Aragorn pushing the huge doors open at Helm's Deep. Ding dong!
6. Legolas and the whole "You're late" scene. Man, those two have amazing chemistry. Hey, I meant brother-in-arms chemistry...sort of.
7. Treebeard telling Merry and Pippin that the Ents have decided they were not Orcs. He looks so pleased with himself.
8. The scene between Elrond and Arwen where he is showing her the future. Arwen standing by the tomb in a billowing black veil while dead leaves swirl. *swoon*
9. Legolas and his one-handed horse mount.
10. Aragorn, as he tilts his sword and gives the order to charge at the Battle of Helm's Deep. *shivers*