Nota Bene In Vacuo
In re rumors I have been hearing about unfunnybusiness:
1. There are two active moderators at UFB, and only one of them is pyratejenni.
2. Nobody has *ever* contacted the other moderator with a complaint about PJ's moderation at UFB.
3. There are currently exactly two accounts banned at UFB; one was a blatant troll and one was that annoying guy with the tea icon (He got a permaban mostly for trying to cheat his way out of a temporary ban.) They were joint (and very satisfying) decisions.
4. In the year since the new, clearer moderation policy was posted, nobody else has been banned for more than a one-week cooldown, and there have been very few bans total. (If this statement is wrong, *please* correct me.)
5. If you want to see something at UFB change, you probably want at least one moderator on your side.1 Insulting one of them while assuming the other is either nonexistent or irrelevant is probably not a good strategy.
6. As far as I am aware, everybody who has ever followed the policy for contacting moderators that is in the community userinfo has gone away satisfied. Failing to read or follow the userinfo is also probably a bad strategy if you want to be heard.
(This is not me speaking officially, btw, as officially, I have never been given a complaint. This is me speaking as somebody who is darkly amused by people's consistent inability to at least complain *accurately* or *usefully* when they complain, since I run across someone whining that UFB is ground under PJ's iron boot at least once a month.)
1Technically, in fact, the other mod is the community owner and could lock everyone else out if she felt like it, so if you have an irrational grudge against PJ, your best bet is probably bribery. I happen to know that she would currently do just about anything for a Doble Model E steam automobile.
Legal Disclaimer - Site Map