| Movies, Gardening
||[Aug. 13th, 2007|11:39 am]
I don’t have much of a weekend movie update this week. I only had two Netflix movies to watch and one of them was a badly messed up Project Runway disk that I had to send back with a messed-up-disk report. Even after two cleanings it would only show me parts of episodes 5 and 7. I was pretty sad about this because I was looking forward to those 5 episodes of Project Runway. |
The one watchable movie I did have was ( Eight Women )
Since I had a so-so Netflix experience, I decided to treat myself to a Cusack-fest with movies I already own.
Fine Print: I practically worship John Cusack, and as a result I love all of his movies, even if they aren’t otherwise good. I am completely irrational on this point, and there is no sense arguing it with me. There is no such thing as a negative review of a Cusack movie from me. I tend to really resent people harshing the joy buzz I have after watching his movies.
I don’t know why I didn’t get around to seeing ( The Runaway Jury )
Then I watched Pushing Tin for probably the 12th time and while it’s an older movie and not really the top of the Cusack oeuvre (so I'm not going to actually review it), ( it does have )
I concluded my mini-Cusack-fest with another film I hadn’t yet seen, ( The Ice Harvest )
In gardening news, it was hellishly hot this weekend. I finally got my petunias cut back and did a little bit of other work, and I thought I was going to faint by the time I was done. Looking on the bright side, at least we are almost halfway through August.
| Random Stuff/Questions Meme
||[Aug. 13th, 2007|01:53 pm]
1. Leave me a comment saying anything random, likey our favorite lyric to your current favorite song. Or your favorite kind of sandwich. Or your favorite breed of tropical fish/kind of bug/breed of dog. Something random. Whatever you like.
2. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. Update your JF/LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. Include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be asked, you will ask them five questions
( Questions )