So I finish my 2 hours study, walk home (I study out of the house, somewhere where coffee is available) and log on. Two minutes later, the phone rings.
It's someone essentially offering me a job on a platter. Six months ago, trapped in the hellhole that was NSW Pathology ( :-p ), I would have leaped down the phone at this person and kissed both their shoes while asking between licks of polish where my contract and a pen were.
Only the fact that I have an interview for a potentially better job tomorrow stopped me from saying "Yes". The job I was all but offered tonight is in another country town, and I'm not really sure, despite the extra teaching material that is offered, whether I really want to be the sole registrar in a country town next year; I can get that by staying where I am.
But this is still seriously good news, especially since it looks like even if I don't take this country job NOW, there will be a consultant (specialist) job going there at about the time I'm likely to want one.
Have discussed this with my training supervisor and bought some thinking time. Onward and upward to the place I'm going tomorrow. If they offer me the job outright, I will take it. If they ask me at the end whether I have any questions, I will ask them for it.
Then, and only then, I will consider the other. But there are personal and logistical reasons why I should want to move to the city rather than another rural location next year. I love rural pathology, love it to death, but there are personal reasons why I might have to put that love on hold!