- I wasn't wild about the beginning of this episode; while it was certainly a huge improvement over last week's steaming pile of crap, it also seemed a little oddly paced. I guess we're caught in the traditional Supernatural "sudden rush to the end of the season".
- I still don't care for Crawley, and remain incredulous at Dean's willingness to listen to him.
- And everyone ignoring Cas' VERY REASONABLE pain kind of pissed me off.
But then they make up for it with several of the best scenes of the season:
- The Oh Death intro scene was breathtaking.
- Dean's talk with Death. I can't tell you how relieved I am that they didn't make it evil; death is ultimately a good thing for the world, and the reapers that serve it seem pretty decent. And for once, Dean is under no delusion that it can't swat him like a fly at any moment.
- The preview for next week was gripping.
- But best of all, I'm sure everyone will agree, the "did you kiss him" scene was PRICELESS.
This entry was originally posted at http://risha.dreamwidth.org/11643.html.