"Take my hand and we'll make it I swear"
Back to the enumerated life posts:
1. Disappearing posts: Um, no idea where my blueberry cobbler recipe request post went. It disappeared. I wrote to LJ because I didn't delete it and they said others had complained that there was some kind of glitch or something? That's reassuring. ANYWAY, I didn't get to respond, but I wanted to thank teragramm and petzipellepingo for your recipes which are happily still sitting in my inbox.
2. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: Um, in case you live under a rock, Joss Whedon's new project debuted with the first act, which you can check out HERE. And hey, lookie, HERE is Act II!. If you are curious about what the hell all of this, please check out Joss' Master Plan, which explains in his own unique way what we are in store for. I've commented in other LJs w/ my reaction to Act I, but just to add to my own LJ that I really enjoyed it. I thought it was plain adorable and had very obvious Joss elements that any fan of his work could easily highlight. I loved Nathan Fillion's entrance and he just has the perfect pompousness and bulging chest for the part. Felicia Day is sweet and refreshingly sans the godawful accent she sported on BtVS, though so far her voice is almost too soft, even for the mousiness she is supposed to be portraying. But the true AWESOMENESS in this whole project comes in the form of one Neil Patrick Harris. He's perfect for the part and his voice makes me wish I had seen him when he was in RENT. He has the right amount of dorkiness and his own brand of overcompensating pompousness as he tries to prove how big bad he can be. And as someone who REALLY dislikes "How I Met Your Mother" (*gasp*horror*I know), it's kinda awesome to be able to enjoy NPH without the constraints of that show. I look forward to where he may go in the future. And I look forward to seeing them all in the rest of this incredibly fun detour courtesy of Joss.
Oh, and though I consider myself completely TWoP-free for several months now, I did stick my toe in there to read their Act I recap: READ HERE
Okay, this is just going better than I even expected. Seeing this second act, it's completely making up for some of the slow setup of the first act and a bit of the awkwardness. Because now it's completely gelled and it is really really awesome. I really enjoyed the music here and Felicia day's voice is growing on me in its winsomeness. I really loved the opening with Penny and Billy at the laundromat and Bill sporking himself in the leg. And you know, Nathan Fillion is good-looking but I never realized the shape of his jaw and his smile were just really perfect for the superhero part. I really enjoyed how Captain Hammer had to tolerate the world around him and his confrontation with Dr Horrible was just wholly amusing. Especially the flashbacks of all their other confrontations.
Of course, NPH continues to rock, really showing it off in "Brand New Day". I do really enjoy his mannerisms too, showing his dorky awkwardness with that nervous blinking thing he does. As an aside, who knew Doogie would ever grow up this hot? Anyway... The dialogue continue to be great ("Goodness look at my wrist") and I forgot to mention Moist! I just love this super power. It just makes people want to shower *falls over laughing* I think that had a lot to do with my larger enjoyment of the second act. I laughed a whole lot more and they all just seemed to flow really really well together. I'm going to be so sad to see this all end. *clings and rewatches*
3. My "Free Katie" Button May Have a Friend Soon: Because I totally need this FREE RYAN t-shirt. No, really, I do.
4. In other Office news...: Looks like "The Office" spinoff is dead!!!. I'm not ashamed to say that my first reaction was "WOOHOO!". I realize that no one from the original was going to leave or even that they were trying to make a true spinoff, but the tone was going to be similar and I just didn't understand the need of two office shows with similar tone on the same network. How would that be good for anyone but the greedy greedy execs?
That said, Daniels and Schur are still developing a new series (one apparently starring Amy Poehler, whom I personally find much better in small increments and cannot imagine a show centered around. Um...at least it's not Rashida Jones?) and those in "The Office" audience should still prepare themselves for the effect of the main creators'/producers' attentions splitting and drifting to their new baby. Something most in the Buffy/Angel fandoms can attest to. Not that I don't trust in the capable hands of Team Lieberstein/Celotta, but still. I'm remain unthrilled despite this news.
5. Bon Jovi Concert: So Tuesday night was the concert at MSG. We drove in because the trains out of the city are not the most reliable at night. So, yeah, my sister drove and yeah, we had her old beloved albums blasting from the speakers, rocking out down the West Side Highway in her mini van. Heeeeeeee. I just love that image. But hey, this is who Bon Jovi's fanbase has become and he seems to embrace it, so yeah. Nothing wrong with rockin' the mini van :P
After buying our $5 water, we made our way inside, we found our seats(which were the best seats I've ever had at a concert at MSG) and enjoyed the opening band "All-American Rejects". I was surprised I knew so many of their songs and better yet, enjoyed them. So, yeah, score for AAR.
And then Bon Jovi came on. I last saw them several years back and again for my sister's bday. She's been a diehard Bon Jovi fan since she was around 12 and went to her first Bon Jovi concert when she was 14. I like a lot of his older stuff, but I've never been as big a fan as Lauren. But it's kinda awesome no matter what to watch Lauren enjoy it. Seriously, if I could've captured her euphoria last night...
All that being said, Bon Jovi puts on a damn good concert. I felt this last time, but even moreso this year. I give credit to the entire band, but especially Jon. He just has that presence. And he throws himself into the concert, running all over the stage, nto the audience, and just loving it. Also, every single shirt he wore was open down to his bellybutton. He clearly waxes/shaves. But you know what? That's okay. Because he looked good. And not in a plastic surgery kind of way, because you can see his age in his face. But just...damn good. Seriously, this man doesn't usually do it for me, but yeah... That was some good eye candy. He also sounds just as good in his old hits as he did in the beginning, which just has a lot to do, IMO, with a life not spent fucking, snorting, and drinking his career away. I can't really say the same for Richie Sambora...
They performed a bunch from their new album, which is to be expected, as it was the Lost Highway tour. Like with most of his newer stuff, not much of a fan(but a song called "Summertime" was pretty good), but they did a really good mix of new and old and even the songs I didn't know, I found myself bouncing, waving hands in the air, and doing the rocker power fist to the beat. You have to! I mean, Jon can still pull off his 80s rocking white boy moves because he's Jon! So, we must act accordingly :) I think there were only about 3 songs I wanted to hear that they didn't play and considering the amount of music Bon Jovi has out there, that's pretty good.
There was a family diagonal from us, mom, dad, and a daughter around 7 and a song around 4 or 5 and they rocked it the entire concert, which was 2.5 hours. That is Lauren's dream.
So, yeah, really awesome concert. If you ever have the opportunity to go to one of their concerts, please do. Just good good fun.
1. "Raise Your Hands"
2. "Never Say Goodbye"
4. "Bed of Roses"
5. "Livin' on a Prayer"
6. "Keep the Faith"
7. "You Give Love a Bad Name"
8. "Wanted Dead or Alive"
9. "Blaze of Glory"
10. "Blood on Blood"
11. "Lay Your Hands On Me"
12. "It's My Life"
Sorry I haven't replied to comments on my last post(and heh, the one before my last one was deleted). Also all behind on all of your posts. Since coming home, there hasn't been a whole lot of free time. But I'm working on it and that's about all I can do, my dears. Hope all are well! *smooches*