This amused me. I thought I'd share.
1. Work has been kicking my ass this week. Yesterday I was so swamped, and so irritated at sales, that I forwarded my phone to voicemail, turned off my messenger and ignored email. It was the only way I could get anything done.
2. We brought Zoe home from the trainer this past Saturday, and she's just amazing. Her manners and behavior are drastically improved, and she's a fantastic companion now. She still has a lot of puppy enthusiasm, but she's got some obedience to temper it now. Also, she's going to be a fantastic hunting dog.
3. Since coming home from Mexico, I absolutely can't stand to drink the coffee in our office. It's just horrible. I've been stopping to get a cup on the way in to work instead. It's amazing how much better the morning is with a decent cup of coffee.
4. I twisted the shit out of my ankle that day after we got home from Cancun, and it's still sore, so I can't run. The Husband wants me to go to a Dr., but I don't think there's much they'll be able to do. I don't need to pay someone to tell me to rest it, ice it and take ibuprofen. I did buy a small brace for it, and that gives me enough compression and stability that I can take Zoe for a walk, as long as I don't overdue it.
5. I finally got the pictures from Cancun uploaded to my computer, so this weekend I'll try to get some posted.
6. I have my first CLE on Friday morning. I've been getting teased by some of the other lawyers that I'm doing it backwards by taking my ethics credits first. It's relevant to what I do though, so I'll take the abuse. 3 credits down, 42 to go.
7. We're supposed to have nice weather this weekend, and I'm hoping that they aren't just lying to us, because I'm itching to get out and get some work done in my garden. I want to clear out the rest of last falls leaves, do some weeding, put down fresh chips in the front garden, get the new whiskey barrel planters set up and get some vegetables started. I'm growing my tomatoes and bell peppers in pots this year, and I'm going to put jalepenos, serranos and habernos in the topsy turvy planters. I may buy a couple more pots for some additional peppers too, because I was kind of thinking that I might like to try growing some scotch bonnets.
8. Does anyone have a good recipe for chicken mole? I've been craving it ever since we got home from Cancun. I know there are a variety of recipes, and I'd prefer one that's a little sweeter.