[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 19 most recent journal entries recorded in
|Saturday, December 22nd, 2007|
|Random Friday (a bit delayed, yes) Current Mood: uncomfortableCurrent Music: "What Goes Around," Justin Timberlake
|Monday, September 17th, 2007|
|Random Monday Current Mood: moroseCurrent Music: "Woman Like a Man," Damien Rice
|Thursday, September 13th, 2007|
|Random Thursday Current Mood: guiltyCurrent Music: "Rock Your Body (Oakenfold mix)," Justin Timberlake
|Wednesday, September 12th, 2007|
|Random Tuesday Current Mood: grumpyCurrent Music: "Love Ridden," Fiona Apple
|Monday, September 10th, 2007|
|Random Monday Current Mood: uncomfortableCurrent Music: "Fast As You Can," Fiona Apple
|Thursday, September 6th, 2007|
Current Mood: chipperCurrent Music: "Esaul," Linkin Park
- DeLoreans might go back into production, reports BBC News. Thanks to dinosaurcomics for the link.
- iamwhitelady shared 90 How I Met Your Mother icons</em>, using images taken from S1.
- vonnie_k explained the use of Korean appellations, particularly in regards to Korean dramas. And though I don't want to claim this is a broad stroke for all Asian cultures, I suppose this may be a lateral explanation for those who didn't understand why, say, Alphonse always called Ed "brother" in Full Metal Alchemist. And I know in Filipino culture, we use similar apellations. Not to the extent vonnie_k describes, as far as I've experienced, but in some degree. (Thoughts or experiences to share? Please comment! I am suddenly curious.)
- E!Online interviewed Chris Lowell of Veronica Mars and the upcoming Private Practice. Thanks to pirateygoodness for the link.
- FIC: Glints in the Night by lallybroch
Stargate Atlantis, McKay/Cadman, NC-17
She couldn't even say 'one thing led to another' because she's still not quite sure how she ended up with her panties around her ankles, having a spectacularly loud orgasm in the middle of Lab 4.
|Wednesday, September 5th, 2007|
|Random Wednesday Current Mood: sadCurrent Music: "Tennessee Wedding," Jim Bianco
|Tuesday, September 4th, 2007|
|Random Tueday Current Mood: angryCurrent Music: "One," Filter
|Monday, September 3rd, 2007|
Happy Labo(u)r Day to those who celebrate it!
Current Mood: moodyCurrent Music: "Cathartik," The Tea Party
- I have become addicted to the Gothamist network. Particularly LAist and torontoist (Thanks to starfishchick, I think, for the original mention of it), but I'd probably watch the others, too, if the RSS feeds weren't so spammy. They feature informal, newsy blogging about the cities in question, with a plethora of links and interesting photographs to boot. And the most recent post from Torontoist made me giggle at one point:
In the Caribbean, Hurricane Felix has been upgraded to a Category 5 storm and is moving towards Honduras. Felix? Hurricanes should have more evocative names like "Wrothgar" and "Landsbane" so people don't think things like "It's just Felix, let's not bother boarding up the windows."
- Yesterday's XKCD was made of awesome, as it proposed the perfect action movie. Hee! I'd watch it.
- loneraven organized a Slings & Arrows ficathon, and now there is a master list. Yay!
- selenak opened discussion on favourite fandom-coined words.
- FIC:de profundis - up from the depths by agentotter
Stargate Atlantis, McKay, Carter, Sheppard, set after 2.14, PG
Sheppard is trying to tell Elizabeth something crucial and heart-felt about SeaWorld, and the medics are just sprinting in as if they were all recruited straight off the high school track team, and Rodney has completely missed the arrivals from the Daedalus.
|Thursday, August 30th, 2007|
|Random Thursday Current Mood: lethargicCurrent Music: "The Ballad Of Big Poppa And Diamond Girl," Cobra Starship
|Wednesday, August 29th, 2007|
|Random Wednesday Current Mood: grumpyCurrent Music: "City of Delusion," Muse
|Tuesday, August 28th, 2007|
|Random Tuesday Current Mood: surprisedCurrent Music: "Life on Mars," David Bowie
|Thursday, August 23rd, 2007|
I tried to type "random" and ended up typing "rabid". Wot? Sometimes I attempt to type "voleuse" and type "viking" instead. It's like my brain is that annoying text-messaging tool where words get filled in whether you want them to or not! Current Mood: tiredCurrent Music: "Ain't No Other Man," Christina Aguilera
|Wednesday, August 22nd, 2007|
|Random Wednesday Current Mood: nervousCurrent Music: "Bring It (Snakes on a Plane)," Cobra Starship
|Tuesday, August 21st, 2007|
|Random Tuesday Current Mood: determinedCurrent Music: "Lovesong," Annie Stela
|Monday, August 20th, 2007|
Current Mood: worriedCurrent Music: "One Crowded Hour," Augie March
- Girls Read Comics interviewed Austin Grossman, author of Soon I Will Be Invincible.
- Today's dinosaurcomics is not the funniest on ever, but oh the punch line. Heeeeeeee.
- These I am a fan T-shirts never stop being funny. Ah, intellectual property and its treacherous waters.
- Scientists discover a previously undetected underwater current, CNN reports. While this mostly reminds me of Finding Nemo, it is interesting in its own right. (Though wow, its title is way misleading.)
- FIC: Wear You Down by annakovsky
The Office, Karen/Andy, post-S3, PG
Karen's having a bad summer, and Andy's there.
|Friday, August 17th, 2007|
|Random Friday Current Mood: tiredCurrent Music: "Six Underground," Sneaker Pimps
|Thursday, August 16th, 2007|
Current Mood: goodCurrent Music: "Voodoo Child," Rogue Traders
- linaerys discussed the slash aesthetic.
- The Onion's A.V. Club interviewed Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse about the upcoming movie, Superbad.
- fahye pimped Wire in the Blood. There are, for the record, a lot of pretty pictures involved.
- floating_icons shared 66 icons, using images from 30 Rock, West wing, The Office, and Star Wars, as well as pics of a variety of celebrities.
- FIC: Spider Bites On All Your Lovers by Melymbrosia
Supernatural, Dean/crossroads demon, spoilers for 2.14, NC-17
The demon from the crossroads comes back for dessert.
|Wednesday, August 15th, 2007|
|Random Wednesday Current Mood: predatoryCurrent Music: "Job's Eyes," Far